General responsibilities of a session chair
- Introduce the session
- Share your screen and show the slides for each talk
- Introduce each author/paper-title
- Keep the presenter’s overview talks to 3 minutes. Be vigilant!
- Manage the Q&A session (need more details here)
Initial Zoom setup
Before a session
- 1–3 slides per presentation will be sent to you
- Make sure to review the author names and paper titles
How to join the session
- An invitation email will be sent before the session. You will be provided with the required credentials before the conference.
- Using the invite, you can join a Zoom session by clicking on the link to join the meeting.
- Zoom links will be embedded into the digital platform.
During the session
- Please join the session at least 10 minute in advance, please test your microphone once joined so that the session can start on time.
- We recommend that you turn on your video to engage the attendees during the session introduction.
- At the start of your session, introduce the session and share your screen with the slides for that session
- Introduce each author/paper. Make sure the presenter is unmuted before they begin their presentation
- After introducing the session and the first presenter, we recommend you turn off your video so that the attendees can focus on the talk video.
- You can manage attendees by clicking on “View all attendees” under the Participants panel.
Session chair responsibilities for Q&A session
- Keep track of the questions on the Q&A panel on the side-panel on the right of the Zoom window. View Managing Q&A During a Webinar.
- Please make sure to ask orally the questions and according to the FIFO time they were first submitted. If there are not many questions, feel free to ask some of your own.
- Sometimes the audience may need to clarify their question. In that case, it is upon the discretion of the Session Chair to unmute the attendee who placed the question to make clarifications.
- Please be mindful of the Q&A time limits! We cannot introduce delays on the predetermined slots of each session, it will push other sessions behind.
- After the presenter addressed a question, please indicate it is answered verbally.
- Please collect the unanswered questions to follow-up.
General Zoom resources