The 1st Annual IEEE Communications Society Demonstration Conference
News and Announcements
Due to a grant by the National Science Foundation, SmartGridComm 2020 is pleased to offer student grants to assist with registration fees. Students of all levels are encouraged to apply, whether or not they are presenting authors at the conference.
Note: We are only able to support students at universities in the United States.
SmartGridComm will be an online event with both pre-recorded and live components
- Keynotes talks will be given live
- For regular papers (including workshop papers):
- Authors of regular papers should prepare a 20 minute recording of their talk. This should be just like your “standard” conference talk. These recordings will be available before, during, and after the conference
- During live sessions, each presenter will give a short, 3 minute summary of their paper, which will be followed by a brief Q&A session. The brief summary is just to remind the audience what your paper is about
- At invited sessions, presenters will give live, 25 minutes talks followed by 5 minute Q&A sessions
- Tutorials will be pre-recorded and available asynchronously. These recordings will be supplemented by live 30 minute sessions where the tutorial chairs will “advertise” their tutorial and answer questions
- Live plenary sessions with our plenary speakers
- 12 invited talks including leading experts in power systems (including Vijay Vittal, Ian Dobson, Bernie Leseuitre, Line Roald, Johanna Mattheiu, Subhonmesh Bose, Kameshwar Poola, Ram Rajagopal, Lindsay Anderson, Dileep Kalathil, Le Xie, and Vijay Gupta)
- Industry panel session with leading researchers in the power industry including from EPRI, Dominion Energy, NREL, and NERC
- Industry-academic-student interactive event
- Same registration rates for both IEEE PES and ComSoc members
As of July 1st, the submission deadline for regular papers has passed and no new submissions are being accepted.
However, manuscripts can be updated until 6am PT on July 3, as shown on EDAS, due to issues with PDF formatting experienced by several authors.
Keeping the health and safety of our community, and COVID-19 related travel restrictions in mind, SmartGridComm Organizing team has decided to move the 2020 conference to a virtual format and holding it 11-13 November. Please stay tuned for further updates.
Paper Submission Deadline: 1 July 2020
Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: 10 July 2020
Dear Professors and Researchers:
IEEE Communications Society and the SmartGridComm 2020 Organizing Committee are closely monitoring developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Keeping the health and safety of our community, and COVID-19 related travel restrictions in mind, SmartGridComm Organizing team is in discussions to move the 2020 conference to a virtual format and holding it in early November. Please stay tuned for further updates.
This will also give more time to the community that is facing delays in preparing and submitting papers owing to COVID-19 situation.
The new deadline for paper submission is July 1st 2020
Thank you very much for your attention and continued interest. We look forward to seeing your innovative, exciting research efforts at the conference. Please also consider to distribute the CFP below to your network!